Thursday, October 13, 2011

ABC Kids Expo 2011: Function

FUNCTION

From the thousands of products shown at the ABC Kids Expo 2011, I picked out a few of my favorite functional new products.

There are a lot of gimmick products at this show, and at first I thought that this one was too, but it is a great design. It is a piece that goes inside of bottles to store formula while you are out with your baby. When you need to make the bottle, instead of juggling the formula, bottle and baby, you just take out the bottle and push the release for the formula to drop into the water and shake. Genius. This would have saved me a few times. The insert is compatible with Playtex, Born Free Mam, Dr. and Dr. Browns wide neck bottles.


Boon Naked

Super cool looking but also a very functional bath tub. You know the silicone measuring cups that collapse flat? This tub has the same function. Collapses fairly flat for storage and also ha
s a hook for hanging. It has two positions for the baby to be in. You can keep one of the sides flush so that your babies head can be propped up when they are really little and then you can pop the entire tub down as they get older. Naked in 5 colors and will be available late December.
VIDEO
(image via buy modern baby)

Boon Stem & Twig

If you already have the boon grass or lawn, you will love these new pieces. I have the grass, the smaller of the bot
tle drying racks from Boon. Though I love the product, I always run out of space by the time I wash the bottles and the nipples for them, and now I have sippies taking up some space on them too. I had considered buying lawn instead, but I don't have a lot of counter top real estate as it is. Now, with the stem and twig I don't have to give up that space.
I was able to bring home a couple of the stems (flowers) from the show and they have made all the difference. Now recommending these products to all within earshot! Functional and pretty. Stem & Twig will also be available late December.


Soapster from Skip Hop

Existing product made cute. There are so many new products in bath to make it fun and easy and this does both.

First, I could see this for general baby soap attached to the tub wall with a baby, when and you don't have enough hands to open and pour the soap while holding the baby.

Second, this might get your little ones to be better at washing their own hands.



Puj Tub

This tub by Puj is not new, but the colors are! Katie, the mind behind the puj tub, is one of my favorite people. She is seriously one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. I am so excited to see them rolling out some new products and colors.

I loved my Puj tub with Koa. It is super easy to use, it put her at sink height so that I wasn't bent over the tub trying to bathe her and there is no draining or swashing of water in a container back to the sink. Great for small spaces. We all know how much STUFF we have for babies and kids and how quickly it fills up any extra space or storage in the abode. I actually just stick mine on the side of my clothes washer or dryer since the tub has hidden magnets in it.
I love the turquoise!

(image via buy modern baby)

OXO tot also has a wipes dispenser that is clean, modern and only allows one wipe to come out at a time. I couldn't find a single image of it, but look for it next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment