Thursday, June 2, 2011

get your greens smoothie

I know, it does look a little scary.

We seem to have a fear of green foods that aren't a natural fruit or veggie. I mean, we all saw what happened in the Dr.
Seuss Green Eggs & Ham book. That seems to go for green color drinks too. My SIL sent me this recipe for a healthy smoothie, full of spinach and kale and itt is actually quite good. I am a girl with a sweet tooth. I add sugar to pretty much everything, but this smoothie was sweet and tart enough with all the fruits that I didn't need to add sugar. Give it try, let me know what you think!

recipe
2 cups green grapes
2 tablespoon flax seed
1/2 cup water
1 banana
4 cups spinach
1 kale cut off bad parts
1 orange (peeled)
1/8 of lime (can leave peel on)
1/4 of lemon (maybe more) (can leave peel on)
1 inch slice of pineapple (peeled - can include core)
ice

Put it all into a blender and blend until smooth!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if my wimpy blender would be up to the task...I need a blend tech!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blend tech office day? We should do a create a smoothie day and do taste testing or something. Jon loves himself a good smoothie or shake.

    ReplyDelete